picture

picture
Just Me

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Biting the Blog Bullet

Well, I did it. I have been contemplating for a long time...like over a year...as to whether or not I should start a blog. For one thing, getting real for the world to see is not something I really want to do. And, who would read it?? Also, I am computer D-U-M-B...it better be simple or it aint happnin! So, what pushed me over the edge and made me do this...

First, my husband is sick. He has non-curable cancer. I have a caring bridge page for him: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/davidszalla and I am finding myself not only telling those that read it, what is going on with him, but how I am processing things...not sure that is what needs to be on there. 

Second, I have been told by a few people recently that I have a gift with writing...now I am just hoping they knew what they were talking about. 

Third, and the real reason...I have a story to tell. God has transformed my life in the last 3+ years and honestly, there have been many times that I wanted to tell everyone I ran into, what he was doing...and didn't get the opportunity like I wanted. So, why not tell the "world"?? God has made it clear that He has a plan for me in ministry. I am taking steps through the doors he is opening and I believe he is slowly revealing the extent of this plan in my life. He has allowed me the incredible privilege of leading a Bible study at my church on Friday mornings. I LOVE my friends and look forward to each week with them. I know that my calling is with women and pointing them to the hope of Jesus. I am at a point of continuing in the present role and waiting on the next step...could it be writing?? I don't know. Speaking?? I don't know. I just figure this is a great way to put myself out there and see where He leads me and what doors he might open!  A couple of weeks ago, one of my pastors brought a sermon on telling our story...yup...time to start. And ironically, it was right after I posted on facebook that I was considering starting a blog and wanted directed to an easy site...(this girl needs all the help she can get!)

So here I am, on my 41st birthday, starting to put into words, the story that God is writing for my life. I know, some days I will laugh...some days I will cry. But my main goal is that you see Jesus! In all honesty, today was full of tears. I had a lot of "in my face, this is where you are in life" situations today. I might talk about it later...I just wanted to make entry #1 more positive. 

So, on that note...the verse I am clinging to through this season of my life: Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 

I hope you enjoy this journey of "life with a Jesus girl"!


1 comment: